How To Live Your Dream
Most of the time many of us have this feeling of inadequacy or mental block that we unconsciously set in our mind when we want to achieve
certain goals. We always take a long and winding path of constantly analyzing and worrying about what is troubling us and various kind of
problems we will encounter if we were to achieve our desired goals. These habits consume a lot of unproductive time and energy, while the end
results normally might be unsatisfactory for us.
However there’s a simple technique that can help you relax your mind and take more control over your dreams and goals. This technique can be
used over and over, in most situations, and consists of two phases.
- Decide on an aspect related to your life that you have been thinking of improving. Focus on just one specific element.
- Project yourself as already having achieved your goal. This can be done using an “I am” statement. For example if you want to be rich you
might say “I am rich and I have enough of what I want”.
- When you feel confident enough, try to say your words out loud and listen to your own words. Try to speak in a positive manner,
eliminating any negative terms from your phrase (such as “can’t”, “don’t” etc)
- Then go take a walk and keep repeating the statement as you do so. Bring a pencil and small notebook with you as well.
- Let yourself wander around for at least 15 minutes, while repeating the statement in your mind. You will experience new thoughts
triggered by the things you come across in your walk. If your mind gets further from the “I am” statement gently try to concentrate more on
- During your walk pay extra attention to things that attract your thoughts. Write them down, or draw sketches of the objects that got your
- Return to your initial place and continue the process.
- Sit down and have a look at the items you wrote about. Try to draw something that portrays all the elements you noticed – it doesn’t
matter if you are good at drawing or not.
- Breathe slowly and start looking at the drawings in front of you. Try to allow your mind to concentrate only on the drawings and nothing
- Think about why those items got your attention during your walk.
- Think about what it is that grabs your attention now, as you look at the drawings. New ideas might have appeared as a consequence of
following step 3.
- Now try to see what the connections between the items you noticed and your “I am” statement are. Integrate the statement and the items
into an imaginary story such as: “This tree I noticed had grown well, have strong trunk and branches and healthy leaves, just like I am rich
and have enough of what I want”.
- For the last step take a few slower, deep breaths and think about how this exercise worked.
You might have noticed that your mind tends to selects elements from the surroundings on its own. It is interesting to see that all the
selected items are somehow related to the “I am” statement. The real secrets is when you constantly reaffirm your state of being, your heart will
began to affirm it well within.
You can use this active dreaming method for a very wide variety of situations. The “make believe frame of mind” that we just discussed will help
put you on a direct path to solving your problems and achieving the many dreams and goals you have in your life. You will be surprise by the end
result you might achieve.